15.6.10

15.6.2010 It is always something. Jackson called me yesterday at 0821 from Ft. Meade to say the Navy needed his HS transcripts by 0900 or there would be a delay shipping out. So I called the school the person in charge of transcripts was in a meeting until 0915 but they would call me back. Then I searched through our home records and came up with the official transcript from the end of his jr yr and the final report card from sr yr drove into town to 7-11 to fax what I had to the Navy. Jackson had said he would call me back around 0900 but he never did so I assumed what I faxed was acceptable. I was on high alert though expecting some other problem to come up. He called me again using a phone card from BWI about 1630 saying his flight out was delayed and there was no definite time of departure. There was bad weather out west that may have been the problem with departure. I told him I didn't care what time he got in to Great Lakes Recruit Training Command I want to get the next call. I honestly wasn't going to sleep until he called anyway. He called at 2330 so I slept like a baby. Next contact should be in 1 - 2 weeks when they ship his civilian clothing home and send a letter with his address. Can't wait. Will post address or any other info ASAP. KCDehn

No comments:

Post a Comment