11.9.10

EPO

This past week has been pretty busy. We had our first (of 12) exam on Monday. 70 questions, and I was one of four students in our nearly 70 strong class to get a perfect score, so I was pretty pumped about that. The 100%, combined with my participation in helping my shipmates out at night study, earned me the title of EPO (again!). EPO in "A" school is a much bigger deal, with a lot more responsibility. The class and teacher expect the EPO to always be on their game, and keep up the good grades. My responsibilities will include conducting night study 1900-2100 Sunday-Thursday night with the other EPOs (there are 4 of us total). The best part about being EPO is that I get out of duty. This means that this weekend is my last duty weekend, AND that when the rest of Bravo duty section has duty weekend again in a month, I'll get to actually see and spend time with my parents when they come visit Chicago. So yeah, pretty happy about that, since if I didn't make EPO I'd be stuck on the Corps compound all weekend when my parents were here and couldn't see them at all.

Having duty weekend isn't so bad now because we've got Test 2 on Monday, which mean nothing but study study study all weekend anyway. Test 3 is Friday, so we'll be cramming during the week too. A lot of the material now is Anatomy and Physiology, which is mostly review for me, but its still a LOT of information we learn in a very short amount of time. But I'm here to study and be the best Corpsman I can be, not party and let my grades slip. Thank god I did that already in college! ;-) I'm sure eventually we'll have some free time to enjoy ourselves again, but until then we hit the books and get PT in wherever we can. I'm hoping to get my long distance running back up to wear it used to be, but wearing boots and dress shoes all the time does a number on your knees. Hopefully by the end of October I'll be in good enough running shape to run a good 10 miler again. Not that I have any races coming up... yeah Corps school sucks your life away.

After sweepers are done tonight, I'm gonna hit up the elliptical or treadmill in the basement, PT/study, hygiene, and call it a night. Quarterdeck chow relief again tomorrow. The life of a Corpsman to be goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment