2.1.11

back to it

Officially settling back in to the barracks in Great Lakes. Shore leave was nothing short of an amazing time, thanks to all my friends and family for making it so great. Yes, leaving today was pretty painful, especially knowing that it'll be twice as long before I have a chance to return. But after seeing my shipmates again and mentally refocusing on the task at hand, I'm ready to do this. Only one test left in Corps school, a brief stint in dental clinicals, and then it's graduation on the 25th, with an expected Japanese sojourn by the end of January. I had 2 weeks to do 2 months worth of catching up in, but I feel I made the most of it. Things will surely be different when I return home next, but it is what it is. I wish I could take all of my friends and family with me, but that's not how the Navy works. Instead it's almost time for me to finally make a name for myself, serve my country overseas, and start living the dream. I'm going to miss my friends and family more than they or I could possibly realize, but I also look forward to the hard work worth doing ahead.

220-2, we're almost there! The fleet is out there waiting for us, so lets finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment