21.8.10

weekend update

Frustrating weekend thus far. Turns out my laptop doesn't recognize my bluray drive, at all. Chatted online with an HP guru, he eventually told me I have to remove the drive from the laptop and reinstall it to reset the drive. This requires screwdrivers I do not have, and following a semi-complicated user manual pdf. Hopefully the NEX has the tools I need. Also turns out that I can't burn cd's from rhapsody unless I already have the music downloaded, which costs money. So i still have no way to get songs on my ipod shuffle from rhapsody. Total disaster on the technology front. To make matters worse, I'm dealing with a super nasty post-bootcamp cough and fever. I'm gonna nyquil/dayquil nuke my body today and tomorrow, hopefully feel better.

Monday is a big day. I get to find out whether I class up or not. If I class up, I can start classes on Wednesday. If not, I have to wait until next Wednesday, and continue cleaning barracks all day until then. So you can imagine I'm really hoping to class up! Only 60 or so people get to class up this week, out of a lot more than that. Usually they do it alphabetically, so that gives me an edge, but we'll see.

Combat operations have ended in Iraq, but don't forget we still need troops there, and there's still a lot of fighting left to do in Afghanistan. Corpsman are needed everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment