4.11.10

busy november ahead

Haven't updated in a while. Internet card decided to fail (are you kidding me Clear??), and I've also been busy as all hell as usual. Test 11 on Tuesday, going into it with a 98.3% average. It's supposed to be the hardest test in Corps school, but my entire class has duty weekend so I'll have no one to go out partying with, and thus hopefully more productive study time. We'll see about that! Didn't have much time to worry about the midterms, kind of pissed I didn't get my shit together and absentee ballot, but all Maryland decisions went the way I'd have voted anyway. Don't want to get political, all I hope is that Congress can get their act together and do SOMETHING productive for the country.

This time next month my class will have already have graduated and I'll be starting my dental phase. Looking forward to Thanksgiving break for some R and R, and even more looking forward to the holiday exodus! Thanksgiving I plan on frequenting the local watering holes and picking up the new Theodore Roosevelt book, which I will devour in my limited free time. Also in November I hope to attend an ITT sponsored trip to volunteer at a local animal shelter, and participate in Project White Hat at the downtown Children's Hospital. From what i hear, we all dress up in our blues and spend the day playing and chilling with the kids in need of some good company. I also started donating part of every paycheck to the United States Soccer Foundation, which ensures underserved communities have easy and affordable access to quality soccer programs that support their physical and personal development. I love that the Navy gives us the easy opportunity to give back to the community and country.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment